Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pre-M1 Summer: Insanity!

With all the free time I have now, I decided to start doing the Insanity Workout.  Hopefully I can make some good progress without dying from exhaustion.   I'm four days in, and I started at 160 lbs (5' 9" height - body fat % unknown).  Observations from the first few days:

1) There is no way anyone can complete these workouts without additional rest.  I think I'm in fairly good shape, and I can barely go 15 minutes without collapsing in a heap on the floor.  Even the stretches make me sweat.

2) Your calves take a beating.  With all the jumping and quick transitions between exercises, your calves burn like no other pretty much all day.

3) Shaun T. is a freaking insane monster.  At the beginning of every video there's a clip of him yelling like a dinosaur. Said clip is terrifying.  I keep doing this workout in part because I'm afraid of what Shaun T. will do to me if I try to stop.

4) Tania, one of the people in the video working out, is demented.  She has perfect form on all the exercises, she never takes a break, and she smiles the whole time.  She must get some sort of sick satisfaction out of pain...

I will post my stats after 60 days (assuming I finish), hopefully with some good progress.  I'm hoping to drop ~10 pounds from this, while also following my usual clean diet plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment